Time for another round of Tips And Tricks. I love candles. But for some reason, I don't burn them much in the summer, however, fall and winter are a different story.
Here are few candle tricks.
- When the candle is history, freeze the candle holder, and the wax will pop right out.
- Rub out nicks and scratches with panty hose.
- Put a small tealight in the burn well of a pillar to extend the candle's life.
- Store candles in the fridge or freezer to extend burning time.
Another trick I use for adding scent to my house this time of year is:
- Place a few drops of your favorite scented oil in your heater vents.
Okay, one more. This is for those of you who cook fish or seafood:
- To cut down on the fish odor, boil lemon wedges on the stove while the fish is cooking.